Christmas Eve- Spent in DR, eat at our favorite cafe- Green Light Cuisine, packed and prepared to head HOME. Fran did NOT get to go home. She spent the time in DR with Julia and Julia’s mom.
Greeted with lots of hugs from Verwys Family. Spent the night in Chicago
Saturday- Monday- Spend the time in GR. Great time with friends and family.
* Christmas at Cherrwood with Betsy, Mom and Dad- becoming a tradition, great times!
Betsy- My sister-in-law, has a fabulous blog about the happenings in Grand Rapids. You can check it out HERE. She also has other photos from this past weeks festivities.
* Church on Sunday, Morning and Evening, with a great gathering of friends over at the Willis Mansion
*Sunday dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Verwys, and Christmas with the McCary Family coming down from Charlevoix
* Shopping at Woodland, a much needed hair appointment by the fabulous Rachel
* Koning Christmas on Monday Evening- Fabulous time.
(Shout out to the newest edition – Little Evelyn Lucille Geysbeek, check out her mom’s blog here )
Tuesday- Wednesday- headed to Flint to see the Baker Family
* Mom got a Mac book so she’s been blogging away. I’ll post a like to her blog soon.
* We got a Camera from both families so Baker parents helped us exchange the camera for a Wii :) Yippee… watch for us to play online. Hoogendyk Mice – you better be practicing! :)
* Lots of shopping in Birch Run- Old Navy, Gap, Banana, J.Crew
That really bad photo was taken with one of those disposable camera’s, no my new one :)
Thursday- Sunday- We were off to D.C. to see Nate, Andrea and the 4 kidos
* Travelled most of the Day Thursday. Ate dinner with N&A+4, Betsy, Marvin and I watched the ball drop in the hotel room and then promply at 12:04 turned off the t.v. and went to bed! Pretty anti-clamatic, but we were tired!
*Friday- shopped in Vienna, VA, pizza dinner at home, took a walk- bad idea- freezing cold!
*Saturday- went downtown to D.C. visited Natural History Museum, dinner at Anita’s Mexican Cafe’
* Sunday- traveled home to DR. Good travel day.
(Shout out to our newest Verwys niece- Ellen Faith Verwys, Check out her mom’s blog HERE)
What a wonderful holiday season. We are so thankful to have such wonderful families and friends with who we can share this blessed season. I believe this year it was much easier to see Christ in Christmas because we weren’t so focused on all the presents and food, it was more about friends, families, and our Amazing God who care for us and watches over us, and knows our thoughts and plans even before we do.
"...For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,
"Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future..."